Monday, March 30, 2020 - Monday, March 30, 2020
During this unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic, all Funeral Establishments will be complying with the State Health Order issued on March 27th, 2020. Dr. Scott Harris, State Health Officer, and Governor Kay Ivey have issued the most recent State Health Order to protect Alabama citizens from the spread of the dangerous COVID-19 virus. The Alabama State Health Order requires our bereaved families and Funeral Establishment members to:
1. Limit the number of family members participating in arrangement conferences. Teleconferencing options will be strongly encouraged and arranged by the funeral home, if possible. All in-person arrangement conferences will implement the social distancing requirements of 6 feet to avoid the spread of COVID-19.
2. In the State Health Order, all in-person gatherings are limited to 10 people. Funeral Establishment members will be assisting families in planning small graveside, chapel, church, and visitation services that meet the 10 in-person gathering order. Opportunities for larger memorial or celebration of life services will be offered after the COVID-19 State Health Order is lifted.
3. For those families finding it difficult to postpone a larger service, live streaming the service is an option. Funeral Establishment members will be happy to discuss this option with you.
4. Any arrangements made by Funeral Establishment members with bereaved families must include the social distancing practice recommended in the State Health Order. Family members that have weakened immune systems or chronic health issues are encouraged to stay home.
5. Any family member that has been exposed to COVID-19 or is showing signs of active illness, such as fever or cough, will not be admitted to the funeral home to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to others. Thank you so much for your understanding during this dangerous pandemic.